It is essential to adopt a proper sitting position for the sake of your spine and back. We end up sitting for hours in front of the television or the computer watching our favourite TV show without realizing the anguish we are putting our back and neck in.
Here are 3 posture improvement seating positions to help you improve your posture so you are able to maintain your health. If need be, you can enrol in a corporate fitness program.
1. Sitting at Your Workstations
When you are at work and sitting on your workstation, you spend a good amount of hours in front of a desktop computer. Due to the use of keyboard, monitor, chair, and desk, the orientation of sitting in front of a computer is different than from working on a laptop.
This means that you will need to sit in a proper seating position to ensure you don’t face any back problems by the end of the day. When it’s time to head back home, you will not have to worry about dealing with the pains of getting up and limping till your back pain finally goes away.
When sitting at your workstation, here is the seating position you should maintain
- Do away with your conventional chair and replace it with a saddle seat
- Sit up straight with your torso at a 90 degree angle to the floor
- make sure your monitor is positioned to your eye level
- Move closer to your desk so you are able to slightly tuck in your arms
- Your forearm should be at a 90 degree angle to the upper arm
- When you sit at this position, your feet will not be off the ground. If otherwise, use a foot rest
- Keep your wrists straight and use a pad to provide support.
2. Sitting With Your Laptop
One of the reasons why youngsters are facing back problems is because they are found in front of their laptops for hours and hours. It isn’t when the battery dies down that they realize they have a stiff back and cannot move without feeling the sharp back pain.
When sitting with your laptop, here is the seating position you should maintain
- Adopt a forward head posture
- Use a saddle seat
- Use a portable laptop table to help you raise the monitor.
- Add a keyboard and mouse with Bluetooth or wire.
3. Sitting In Your Car
When you sit in your car, make sure to align your body and maintain your proper posture while at the same time, maintaining your safety.
When sitting in your car, here is the seating position you should maintain
- Your head should be at least 2 inches away from the headrest.
- Adjust the back of your seat so you are able to reach the wheel while still have your upper arms relaxed.
- Use a pillow to give you support to your back.
- If your car has deep bucket seats, it can put uneven pressure and strain on your tailbone and hips. Use a supportive cushion to help you relieve you of the pressure.
When looking to fix cosmetic corrections or a smile makeover, veneers are usually a good option. The industry offers two main types of veneers, which are composite veneers and porcelain veneers. To choose the type that will match your needs, you will have to consider several factors.(more…)
Corporate fitness is gaining popularity in Melbourne and globally as most employers realize that investing in fitness programs today could highly payoff in the future. Both small and large companies have realized the benefits Melbourne wellness and fitness programs can have on their employees. A healthy and fit individual will require less health care services, will log less missed workdays and will be more productive in the workplace. Here are some of the steps you should take to maintain fitness in your organization.(more…)
If you are planning on removing that stain from your teeth for the long term, you would do well to get your teeth whitening at home fast-shopping spree checked in the first steps and start with the right tips on dental care and oral hygiene, unless you want to keep buying them home teeth whitening systems despite having flawless dentures with just one!(more…)